|Julius Cephas, Director of the Ping Pong Club at West Center City|
Catching a Ping Pong game at West Center City Community Center in Wilmington, Delaware brings back memories of the days at the Boys & Girls Club. Watching Old-School legends talk trash, work up a sweat and play competitively is only a few of the benefits to their their overall health. Even a young man who is wheel chair bound moved around in his chair taking taking shot with Director of the Ping Pong Club, Mr. Julius Cephas.
Here are the Top 5 Health Benefits of Ping Pong
- Playing improves hand-eye coordination and it stimulates mental alertness, concentration and tactical strategy.
- Improves reflexes. Due to the fast-paced, short-distance nature of the sport, both gross and fine muscle movements are improved. The game is distinguished by bursts of exertion and recovery, leading to fast-twitch muscle development.
- It’s easy on the joints. Have you had knee surgery, back problems, tired of twisting your ankles? Try table tennis. It’s a great way to improve your leg, arm and core strength without overtaxing your joints.
- Burns calories. A 150-pound person can burn 272 calories by playing table tennis for an hour. Considering the fact that the sport is entertaining and addictive, it can be a fun and easy way to burn calories.
- Offers a social outlet. Whether you play in the community center or at home with friends, table tennis offers a great way to bond with other people while you lose weight. Because young and old people can play the game, it can help improve communication and build relationships, irrespective of age. Playing at home with siblings or parents can bring family members closer and enable them to spend more quality time with each other.
- For more information visit: (healthfitnessrevolution.com, 2016)
TOVA Community Health
601 New Castle Ave.
Wilmington, DE 19801
(302) 655-6187 ext. 500
West Center City Community Center
501 N Madison StWilmington
, DE 19801